- AGUNI ISLAND -
Season: April to June
- About the dive site:
Diving in Aguni is an extreme adventure with strong currents performing drift diving, but the moment you see the tornado, you are paralyzed by the beauty and size of the tornado. The size, the amount of Jacks making the tornado makes you without reaction and then the urge to get in the middle of the tornado.
- What kind of life you can find:
We will have chances to see: Jack Fish Tornado, Whitetipreef Shark, Blacktip Oceanid Shark, Turtle, Moray Eel, Napoleon Fish, Glassfish, Tuna, Giant Trevally, Titan Triggerfish, Lionfish, and more.
- Diving in Iheya is very calm and full of corals, so the diver must:
- Be at a minimum an Advanced Open Water Diver with experience drift dive.
- Have a minimum of 50 dives logged.
- Be comfortable with rip currents
- Not have problems equalizing.
- Be able to control his or her buoyancy without assistance.
* Diving in Aguni is with extra strong current, for those who would like to join us, please check the requirements.
For more information, please contact us!
- Plan of the trip:
2 days and 1 nights (4 dives).
1st day - Ferry
Naha Ferry Port to Aguni Ferry Port: Depart at 09:30 am => arrive at 11:20 am
Upon arriving in Aguni Island we will go to the dive shop and then we will do 2 dives.
2nd day - 2 dives
Aguni Ferry Port to Naha Ferry Port: Depart at 2:00 pm => arrive at 4:00 pm
Round-trip ferry ticket
Hotel with breakfast and dinner.
4 dives in Aguni Island with guide from Aloha Divers.
*We will also send you complimentary pictures taken during the trip.
- Rental Equipment:
Full set of rental equipment: ¥5,000 for the trip.
- Other diving trip:
- Travel / Dive insurance:
Aloha Divers Okinawa strongly recommends that all customers purchase their own diving / traveling insurance to cover unfortunate events arising from vacations / sport activities. Aloha Divers Okinawa is not responsible for any injuries or losses sustained during our tours. We recommend the following two insurance companies:
- DAN (Divers Alert Network) International https://www.diversalertnetwork.org
*Click on the links to learn more about DAN.
- Medical Questionnaire:
Checklist for anyone who has any concerns regarding their health. Click on the PDF file below.