Uss emmons- Wreck
* To watch the video, click on the photo ↑*
- About the dive site:
A dive from the history books! During World War II, 5 Japanese Kamikazes hit the American Destroyer, leaving 60 Americans and many wounded. They decided to sink the ship, so that it would not fall in the hands of the Japanese. It is a stricking wreck but being an experienced diver is a must. Maximum depth at this dive site is 42 meters deep / 140 feet and sometimes, has a very strong current. In order to dive at this site, the diver must have completed more than 50 dives and are certified Advanced level or above.
- What kind of underwater life you can find:
In the wreck itself sometimes you can find some glass fish, bat fish and nudibranchs but the main purpose of this dive is the wreck itself.
Guide, boat fee, tanks and weights.
* We give the pictures taken during the activity to you without any extra coast.
- Rental equipment:
Full set of rental equipment: ¥4.000 per day and per person
- Other dive sites:
For those who would like to dive into other spots, we have some dive sites to recommend: Sunabe, Kerama Island, Minna Island & Sesoko Island, Manza and Maeda Misaki. For diving events: Yonaguni Island.
- Pick up ( Transportation ):
We offer free pick up and drop off from Chatan, Kadena and Yomitan areas . For other areas contact us.
- Travel / Dive insurance:
Aloha Divers Okinawa strongly recommend that all customers purchase their own diving / traveling insurance to cover unfortunate events arising from vacations / sport activity. Aloha Divers Okinawa is not responsible for any injuries or losses sustained during our tours . If interested we would recommend this 2 insurance companies :
- DAN (Divers Alert Network) International https://www.diversalertnetwork.org
- Travelins Japan https://travelins.sjnk.jp/?code=17017
*Click on the link to know more about DAN and Travelings.*
- Cancellation Policy:
- There is no cancellation fee up until 1 week (7 days) prior to the activity. Until 5 days prior: 25% of the price of the activity will be charged as a cancellation fee. Until 3 days prior: 50% 2 days or less: 100%