PADI Advanced Open Water diver
Get to know more about advanced course
PADI VIDEO ABOUT
Advanced Open Water Diver
This course can be taken after obtaining the PADI Open Water Diver (OWD) certification, and is called the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification because it advances your diving knowledge and skills. So don’t worry, you don’t have to be an “advanced” diver yet to take it- you can start right after earning your OWD certification!
The Advanced OWD course is designed to help you become more confident underwater through different Adventure Dives, which will allow you the opportunity to try out various specialties under the supervision of your PADI instructor. While logging dives, you will diversify your skills, gain experience, develop new capabilities, and find even more ways to enjoy scuba diving!
You can also earn credit while taking this course! Each Adventure Dive you do may count as credit towards the first dive of the corresponding PADI Specialty Diver Course. If you have completed a specialty diver course already, talk to your instructor to see if you have earned credit for an Adventure Dive.
PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers who are at least 12 years of age are eligible to enroll in an Advanced OWD Course. Please note that young divers may only participate in certain Adventure Dives.
If you are already an Adventure Diver, you only need to log two more Adventures Dives in order to earn your Advanced OWD certification.
- 2 days
- Option 1 - 45,000 yen per person (shore dives on the first day and boat dives on the second day)
- Option 2 - 50,000 yen per person (all boat dives)
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver manual, certification fees, all diving gear necessary for the course, tanks and weights, and boat fares when applicable
- Minimum number of participants:
- 1 person
- Successful completion of the Junior Open Water Diver course if under 15 years of age, or Open Water Diver course if over 15 years of age
- Minimum 12 years of age for the Junior Advanced Open Water Diver course, or 15 years of age for the Advanced Open Water Diver course
- Good physical health and necessary swimming skills
- Option 1
1st day: 2 shore dives (Peak Performance Buoyancy (PPB) and Underwater Navigation)
2nd day: 3 boat dives (Deep, Boat, and your choice for the third Adventure Dive)
- Option 2
1st day: 3 boat dives (Peak Performance Buoyancy (PPB), Underwater Navigation, and your choice for the third Adventure Dive)
2nd day: 2 boat dives (Deep and your choice for the second Adventure Dive)
- Pick up ( Transportation ):
- We offer free pickup and drop off from the Chatan, Kadena, and Yomitan areas. For other areas, please contact us.
- Cancellation Policy:
- There is no cancellation fee up until 1 week (7 days) prior to the activity. Until 5 days prior: 25% of the price of the activity will be charged as a cancellation fee. Until 3 days prior: 50% 2 days or less: 100%
- Next step
- Upon successful completion of your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course, you will be certified to dive anywhere in the world at up to a recommended depth of 21 meters (Junior Advanced) or 30 meters (PADI Advanced Open Water Diver)!
- If you’d like to venture even farther out to the westernmost part of Japan, check out our trip to Yonaguni Island.
- If the participant is under 16 years of age, we recommend that a parent is present during the course at all times (of course, if the parent is a diver too you are welcome to dive with us!)
- For safety reasons, we recommend that you leave at least 18 hours between your last dive and flying.