Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need to know how to swim to dive?
- In order to become a certified diver you would need basic swimming skills, but we offer other activities that don’t require you to know how to swim. In Snorkeling and Discover Scuba Diver, a PADI instructor stays with you the entire time to ensure your safety and fun.
2. I have a child- can he/she dive?
- For children 8 and 9 years old, we offer the Bubblemaker activity, where your child will be able to dive down to a maximum depth of 2 meters and see lots of corals and marine life. However, to ensure the maximum safety of your child, this experience will depend on sea conditions being as calm as in a swimming pool, and rest assured a PADI instructor will stay with your child at all times.
For children younger than 8 years old, we recommend snorkeling.
3. Where is the Diveshop , can I go there ?
- We do have a small shop located in Yomitan, but we recommend you to contact us before heading there since most of the day our instructors will be guiding activities outside.
4. What do I need to bring with me for the dives ?
- We recommend all the customers to bring certification card , to come to the dive with swimming suit , bring a towel, sunscream and some snacks for during the day (We provide tea and some snacks on our activities).
5. Do you offer pickup?
- We offer free pickup from and dropoff to your hotel if you are staying in the Yomitan, Kadena or Chatan areas.
For other areas, pickup is possible depending on driver availability and for an extra fee (please inquire). At the end of the day, we can drop you off at a bus or taxi stop back to your hotel.
6. What is your cancellation policy?
- There is no cancellation fee up until 1 week (7 days) prior to the activity. Until 5 days prior: 25% of the price of the activity will be charged as a cancellation fee. Until 3 days prior: 50% 2 days or less: 100%.
7. Can I pay by credit card?.
- Here at Aloha Divers Okinawa, it is possible to pay by cash (Japanese yen or US dollars) or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express). Please note that for credit card payments, there is a 4% surcharge.
8. In case of rain, will the activity be canceled?
- Unless there is a thunderstorm, rain does not interfere with our diving activities. In general, activities are only canceled in case of poor sea conditions, which we will email you about on the day before you are scheduled to dive.
9. In case I panic and can't dive, do I still have to pay for the activity?
- If you decide to not dive once we have begun the activity, unfortunately we will not be able to offer a refund because we would still need to pay for the staff, boat, equipment, etc. that we booked for you.
10. How far in advance do I need to book?
- During high season (May to November), we have a high demand for diving activities. Here at Aloha Divers Okinawa, we try to keep groups small in order to provide the best service possible and to ensure you have a relaxing and safe day, so the sooner you book the better the chances are that we can accomodate you!
11. Do I need travel / Dive insurance?
-Yes, Aloha Divers Okinawa strongly recommend that all customers purchase their own diving / traveling insurance to cover unfortunate events arising from vacations / sport activity. Aloha Divers Okinawa is not responsible for any injuries or losses sustained during our tours . If interested we would recommend this 2 insurance companies :
- DAN (Divers Alert Network) International https://www.diversalertnetwork.org
- Travelins Japan https://travelins.sjnk.jp/?code=17017
*Click on the link to know more about DAN and Travelings.*
12. I have a health condition- can I still dive?
- If you know that you have a health condition, you must consult with a doctor and receive a signed and dated written approval to dive prior to your trip. Take a look at the medical questionnaire below- if you answer YES to any of the questions, you must get medical approval before diving.
Medical Form in English
MEDICAL FORM IN JAPANESE